- 8.00 – 10.00: Mysore-style class @
- 15.30 – 17.00: Counted led full primary class, level 2-3 @
triyogaChelsea (from 17 September)
- 19.30 – 20.45: Ashtanga technique @
Hither Green classes are on hold. Please check back for future dates.
Mysore-style self-practice classes: Students
Counted full primary led classes: This is the traditional led format taught at the KPJAYI. The teacher counts through each vinyasa in Sanskrit, focusing on correct breathing in and out of each posture. Fast-paced with minimal asana instruction. Great for Mysore students and anyone with an established ashtanga practice. Not suitable for beginners.
Led classes: The teacher guides all students through the asana series together, at the same pace, usually covering the first half of the primary series. There is plenty of instruction to help everyone work at their level and experience the
372 King’s Road
London SW3 5UZ
Chris also provides regular cover for other classes across London.
PREPARING FOR CLASS
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for classes to allow for registration and setting up.
- Always practice on an empty stomach. It’s best not to eat 3-4 hours before class.
- During practice, avoid drinking water – it will reduce the heat you’re trying to build up.
- Try not to eat or drink anything for 20 minutes after practice.
- The traditional ashtanga method does not include props. Please avoid using blocks or belts.
- Please clean your yoga mat and rug (if you use one) regularly.